Riley’s mom, Kristie, does not remember a time in his life when they did not rely on Raising Special Kids to help. Kristie first learned about Raising Special ... Keep Reading
For Parents & Families
What Can a Family Expect From Raising Special Kids?
Confidentiality, understanding, and a connection to useful information, support, training, and consultations.
Within 48 hours of receiving a referral, a member of our Family Support Team will initiate contact with you to determine how we may best assist your family.
Services are provided at no charge, and for families who speak Spanish and other languages.
- Assistance and support at all ages and stages of your child's development from birth to age 26.
- Individual problem-solving support to understand and access the programs, health plans, and services your child may need.
- Accurate, authoritative information related to your child's disability or special health condition.
- Special education consultations, training, and problem-resolution
- Parent-to-parent connections with a trained parent "mentor" who has a child with a similar diagnosis and is skilled at providing information and support.
- Workshops and training geared to increase advocacy skills, and improve your ability to work with professionals on your child's educational and medical needs.
- Referrals to agencies, organizations, and community resources with expertise to meet your family needs.
Our staff includes many families of children with disabilities or special health care needs.
I’m so grateful to learn that Raising Special Kids is truly here to offer support. There is no catch, no gimmick, and no charge. I have found emotional support from people who understand what it is like to have a child with special needs.”
If you would like to speak with one of our Family Support Specialists, call 800-237-3007, email: , or complete the form below.